Friday, April 11, 2008

Life is great!

Just a quick post to tell you all that I have had a great week. I love that I am here in the Crescent City and the vicinity. It has so many things to offer an I am excited to just get out there and enjoy what it has to offer. I am going to the strawberry festival on the north shore (across lake Ponchartrain)they tell me it is one of the funnest festivals. I am going to the French quarter for what else "French quarter Festival", Andrew Alba you need to come out so you can hear all of the Jazz bands etc. and I am also going to go see Oprah at V-to the power of ten. I am really excited I will take pictures see if I get a good one from the nose bleed section.

Andrew the Jazz festival is coming up the last weekend in April first week in May. They say it is a great time to listen to jazz and all other types of music.

Well family and friends, remember who you are and how tall you stand!!

And to you my friend "I spy with my blue eyes?..."

Oh one more thing. I got my flipper (tooth) adjusted so it did not cover over half of the roof of my mouth. It is much better and I am hoping to not talk with a lisp nearly as bad as it was before.

2 comments:

Montserrat said...

Hey Nance, to answer your question about what curriculum we use for our homeschool. We use Sonlight (www.sonlight.com). I love it for several reasons. It's literature based, has wonderful books to read, and everything is all planned out for you. All we do is open up the teacher's guide and it tells us what to read and do for that day. It is somewhat expensive but so worth it in my opinion. Other good places to get curriculum are Abeka Books (www.abeka.com) and I like all the recommendations for Latter-day Family Resources (www.ldfr.com) which is from an LDS family that's been homeschooling for about 20 years.

Patrick said...

Sounds like fun Aunt nancy, I'm sure Andrew would love to be down there during that, but we are all po..so thats not happening real soon.