Tuesday, April 1, 2008

House Decoating and more!

This is not my house but I want some opinions on what you think of this house. What is the first thing that pops into your mind and what possibilities to you see in it? This house is about 1/2 a block from where I am living.


This is the north wall as you walk in the front door. You can see that I have also placed my stereo in this area.



This is the wall that you see when you walk into my house. It is actually the office west wall.


okay so the picture above is of the wall that is on my left as you come in my front door. to the right of the picture I have kind of an enclove I have set up my fish tank there with the book case but I am trying to figure out what to do with this area. I can actually fit my over sized chair in that area if I decide to move the book case out of the way.



This is the same wall after my pictures are up my couch is in this area. the top of the couch is about 3 feet below the pictures.

okay so nothing all to exciting but I need to do something about the current blinds they are driving me nuts.

I thought I would share an experience one of my coworkers had during Katrina. He lived in lakeside (or is it lake view) I get confused. Any way he and his wife and son decided that they were going to ride out the hurricane at home. Needless to say they got flooded they spent 7 nights on the roof of their house they had pets and would not leave them. They had national guard come by and offer to take them to safety but they refused because they would not allow the pets to come with them. He had a family member living in California that ended up driving from California with a boat and came to rescure him and his wife and sons and the pets. It was amazing to hear how they stayed for such a long time on the roof of the house and that it took family memebers to drive cross country to resuce them. One of the stories. I will tell you more later.

I am off to line dancing class! Yes you read right. I am taking a line dancing class. you can all pick yourselves off the floor. I am way out of my comfort zone but it has been great fun.

Love to all,
Aunt Nancy

3 comments:

AllisonK said...

The house looks like it needs a bit of work but could be really beautiful.

Jessica said...

Yee-haw! Have fun at line dancing class.

The house looks interesting. I just saw the "Civil War" at Hale tonight, so the first thing to pop into my head was, "Was the house built during the Civil War?"

I know it wasn't, but I agree with Allison. It could be beautiful with a lot of work.

Patrick said...

It looks like a fun project that you should fix up...a lot of work..