Thursday, April 24, 2008

Birthday

Today is my big day. It is my Birthday so here are 47 things about me that I will share with you all.

1. My middle name is the same as my maternal grandmothers 1st name.
2. I love to make things with my hands mostly woodwork things. My favorite project was a table I made for a friend for Christmas.
3. My favorite candy bar is “Big Hunk” which by the way they do not have in New Orleans. So sad :-)
4. I will eat a “Milky Way” but well Milky Way just has a whole other meaning for me
5. I love sugar cookies and I finally learned how to make them in the last two years. It was a great recipe and I had a great teacher. Currently my neighbors and coworkers love them the best of all the baking I have done thus far in this place called NOLA.
6. I am the 12th child of 12 that my mother and dad had. Yes same father and same mother.
7. I have 33 nieces and nephews between the age of 9 (Nick or are you ten?) and 35 Allison (which will be 36 one month from now).
8. I have 40 great nieces and nephews between the age of 15 (Whitney I think will be 15 or is it sixteen, boy Allison and John you are getting old) to new born (Breezy).
9. I also love to do cross stitch, I know Mila I am behind on the angels but someday I will finish the rest. Two are done and two are almost complete that leaves 3 more to go I think there were only 7 but I don’t remember. After all I am getting old and can claim a senior moment.
10. I love to sew; quilts, my sister Mila and my Mom have been very patient in trying to teach me.
11. I love to go with my oldest sister Chach and buy Carmel Apples and I love when she goes with me to pick up Sushi. She hates sushi but she will go with me to pick it up when I lived in Salt Lake, she would even sit at the kitchen counter and watch me eat sushi.
12. I loved when I made the little wood benches for my sister Isa and her new Store “The Purple Cow”.
13. I love my brothers, Sam, Ed, Joe, Hector and of course the baby boy Hiram.
14. I love that Hiram takes good care of his favorite little sister. OH wait I am his only little sister . I guess he has no choice.
15. I love that I can call Hector and invite myself to dinner at any time. I also love that his wonderful wife lets me come and eat at any time.
16. I love that Sam and I had an opportunity to take woodshop class together. Although the wood shop instructors always tell me that I am a much better woodworker than my brother. But you should see some of the things he has built he is incredible and I love that he always was willing to share his woodshop table with me. 
17. I love that Joe did not disown me when I put a huge dent in his truck when I moved recently. He is a good brother that has a huge heart and is willing to forgive his little sister for all my mess ups.
18. I love that Ed takes the time to visit my parents and for what he does for them.
19. I love to cook but at times it is very hard to cook for one.
20. I love that my mom and dad always told me that I could do anything and become anything I wanted to do when I grew up.
21. I love that I am my Tia Naela’s favorite, sorry guys but you all know it is true.
22. Did I mention that I love my brother Hiram? He has been such a great example for me and he has helped me through some tough times. And he has also introduced me to the world of bikes. I am joining a team, coworkers that ride the levees here in NOLA. I am hoping to ride in the 100 miler for his company.
23. I took a line dancing class, here at NOLA. A Mexican with no rhythm is getting maybe just a little groove.
24. I love walks in the park with a good friend.
25. I love the wii, Nick get ready because I am getting really good at bowling and at boxing, you are going down when I see you in May 
26. I love that when I call Hiram and Jane’s house Zach always answers the phone. Hiram and Jane I really hope you pay him good for his services.
27. My favorite food is a Hamburger. I can eat hamburgers every night.
28. I ate fantastic home made manicotti that a friend made for me with a great salad and of course we had dessert first because we took the youth in our ward to do Baptisms and were treated by the bishopric for ice cream at Baskin Robins. I think Home Made Manicotti is my second favorite food.
29. I am not much of a vegetable eater. Hector’s family can attest to this. Although I do like asparagus but not broccoli and cauliflower so much.
30. I had my first taste of crawfish and I like this new food.
31. I love photography; I am hoping that when I grow up I will get a camera just like my nephews (Pere’s). I love the cannon rebel.
32. I love that I only have to list 15 more things about myself to reach 47.
33. I love my new Branch. The New Orleans 1st Branch rocks. They have taken me in and have welcomed me into the little Branch.
34. I love that I am almost done unpacking from my latest move. I only have 7 more boxes to open.
35. I love to read. So if you have a book for me to read let me know.
36. I have never seen the movie “Forrest Gump” and I hope I never will.
37. I read all of the Harry Potter books last summer for the first time. I never thought I would read them but a friend convinced me to start them. Good books.
38. I love my job at the US Army Corps of Engineers. I love construction and see things being built.
39. I love to read all of my nieces and nephews blogs. Although some of you are slacking and if you don’t change them soon I am going to stop visiting your sites.
40. I love robotics and some day I am going to build a robot.
41. I hate housework but I love to work in the yard and garden
42. I love my mom and dad. They are the best people I know. They are loving and kind to all they meet.
43. I love that I have 8 living siblings that spoil me rotten and I know that I am their favorite little sister.
44. I love that I am currently living in New Orleans.
45. I love my Sunday routine of going to church, coming home and having a big breakfast, taking a nap, going for a walk and then come home and bake goodies.
46. I love that I am a member of “The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints”
47. I love that I have a sure testimony that my Heavenly Father loves me and he knows me by name and that he does answer prayers. He is mindful of my needs wants and desires and he has blessed me beyond my wildest dreams.


I hope you all have a great day.

8 comments:

Michelle said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I loved learning those things about you, and I love you! Hope you have a great day, can't wait to see you in May....

AllisonK said...

wait... wait!
First: I can't believe it's the 24th already! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Second: I'm only 34 and have one more month to enjoy 34!

Third: I'm pretty sure I'm Tia Naela's favorite!

Fourth: Canon is nice, but you have give my Nikon a try (having been a Canon user most of my life)

5th: You're the best! Sushi in may?

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Nancy, Happy Birthday to you!!! I hope you have a great Day! Love ya Jane

katie said...

HAPPY B-DAY AUNT NANCY!

Montserrat said...

Hope you had a wonderful birthday!

Have you tried Google Reader? It's makes it so much easier to check everyone's blogs without having to waste time clicking on their sites to see if they've added anything new. It tells you when a new post has been added. Check it out!

Jessica said...

I hope you had a good birthday. Did you get the present that Guelito and Guelita sent?

Nancy C. #12 said...

Thanks to all for the well wishes on my big day. Jessi I did get the gift it is beautiful. Did you help pick it out?

Karolyn said...

Happy Birthday. I loved reading this post about you. You are such a remarkable person and so positive. You will have to visit us in Chicago, and we will go see Oprah together. Maybe we could get Katie to drive down too. I'm hoping that we become a popular destination. We love you.