Thursday, May 1, 2008

Jacksonville Florida



I took a water taxi from the hotel I was at to Jacksonville Landing. It was kind of fun.















Sushi















Do you like the picture of my new boat? actually this was taken from the land side of Jacksonville landing. I was having sushi and this came driving by while I was having dinner. Oh and for all of you that are interested in woodwork. Guess what class I have signed up for? Yes I am going to take a wooden boat building class. This is a description of the class "Wooden Boat Building – To help preserve the centuries old wooden boat building tradition of Louisiana , the Museum offers classes that allow interested skippers - mostly novices with no experience - to build their own wooden boats, under the supervision of a master boat builder. Over 75 boats, from pirogues to 20-foot lake skiffs, have been started since we began offering these relatively inexpensive 12-week courses three years ago, and we have a waiting list of future classes. The Museum also holds its annual tribute to these graceful vessels – old and new - when it hosts the annual Madisonville Wooden Boat Festival each October. Scores of classic wooden boats, hundreds of other watercraft, and thirty thousand or more visitors attend this extremely popular event each year.

Can I Just say that I am just totally excited. Brothers get ready to see an awesome looking project.




So the door won! I was walking out of the hotel room and got my finger caught between the safety lock and the door. Oh well what can I say!

Jacksonville has been a great time. I have learned a lot in the class. I will be glad to go home and sleep in my own bed. When I first got here the memory of living in a hotel room came flooding back.

I got a call from my friend at work today and told me that my bikes had arrived. I am excited, another coworker has told me he will help me assemble the bikes so I can start training on the levees.

Well friends and family. I am living my life and having a great time. I love where I am living and the opportunity that I have traveling for work. I am excited to see some of you, as many of you as I can when I come home in May.

2 comments:

Patrick said...

I have always liked how sushi is one of those foods that looks more like art than food, just so you know.

AllisonK said...

I like that the art tastes so yummy! Perhaps Patrick needs his mission call to Japan.

I'm glad you had a great time. Your boat class sounds like fun!