Monday, May 26, 2008

New Beginning

It was a good trip to Utah. I had fun and was glad to spend time with the family. My trip to DC for Kevin's graduation was quick and fun as well. I would like to go back to DC and see some more of the sites. What I did see was awesome.

I left Utah on Sunday and flew home. What is home.... New Orleans is now my home and it will be a good home for the time being. I was reading the Ensign on the way home and I came across the following from President Eyring "The thought and the hope that I can have eternal relationships carries me through the trials of separation and the loneliness which are part of mortal existence." as I thought of this I was reminded of what Michelle wrote in her blog. I in essence have done that by coming down to New Orleans. I have come to work in a place where no one nows me. I have a chance to recreate who I am and what I want to become.

My how things change. I thought my life was golden and things were going well at work with Caro Bri. How wrong I was. My life changed and it brought me here to New Orleans. I have a good job working with the Corps and I will continue in my company but it is now call Caro Nikele.

Goals here are three of my goals
  1. I will begin my exercise program to feel good about myself. I will do it so that I can feel good about what it is that I have to offer. I am worthy to be loved unconditionally.
  1. I will write daily about my thoughts and feeling and not be embarrassed of what I write. I will write for me. Not in hopes that others will read but to ease my burden of what I am feeling and know that I am worthy to be on this earth and enjoy that which it has to offer.
  1. I will live my daily life in a manner that I will be pleased with what has occurred in that day. All that I do will be to the best of my ability and I will have the knowledge that it will be good in the sight of my GOD. I will trust in the inner compass that I have that will allow me to do things morally and ethically correct.
Sorry just some random thoughts for today.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Nancy, It was good to see you while you were in town. Sorry I couldn't pull my stuff together so we could go see a movie. Next time you are in town we will have to go.

I like your list of goals. I need to set some and work harder towards achieving them. Good luck on your quest. I am praying for you!

AllisonK said...

Great list!!

Loved seeing you.
Thank you for the birthday present. I was very excited when I opened the gift. Thank you.

Montserrat said...

A little reflection is good for keeping us on track or maybe redirecting our paths. We felt the same way moving to Winnemucca. Nobody knew us or had heard of the "Wadsworth Family" from Fallon. We could make our own names, our own reputation based solely on our own actions, not that of Joseph's ancestors.

Tim said...

New Orleans is a great city for great people. Welcome!!

Peace,

Tim