Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Intersting Phrases

"we can learn to respect one another's boundaries"

What an interesting little phrase! Are boundaries meant to keep us in? or out? What if the boundaries become blurred? What was once acceptable is no longer acceptable! Or wanted! Or needed!

I look at my life and I think of all the boundaries that I have crossed? Was it worth the effort? Was the prize everlasting? Did the ends justify the means? Were the boundaries set by the two of us or just by one? I will allow you in only as long as it makes me feel good! I will allow you just to see a little bit of me but not all of what I am!

"in the future we can avoid further damage to fragile feelings"

Another interesting phrase! Is it better to ignore the ringing of the phone because you know who it is that is calling? If I don't answer the phone they will get the hint that I would prefer not to talk to them! If I don't respond to emails will they understand or know that you are not respecting the boundaries I have set-up?

"We are simply different people, and that leads us to see situations quite differently"

Is this not a good thing? The world would be a very boring place if we all thought and acted the same! Can we not learn from our differences and become a better person?

Just some random thoughts... I think I will go to bed now.

Stay tuned for some more insightful blogging from "SHE WHO HATES TO WRITE"

No comments: