Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Corps of Engineers

From an article in the local newspaper"

"Relatively small amounts of water have been leaking from the Lakeview canal levee for a year or longer, despite $24.4 million in repairs by the Army Corps of Engineers since Katrina breached the eastern floodwall in 2005."

Here is a comment posted regarding this article.

"Have they tried Mightyputty? It works on TV, fixes any leak."

I don't know about you but this just made me laugh.

No this is not one of my projects. All of my projects are on the west bank of the Mississippi river. And what I do for the Corp is process modifications etc. for the different contracts.

Just a side note. I think since I have been here almost 5 months I think I can count on my hand the number of days that an article did not appear in the news paper about something that the Corps is doing or is not doing. It kind of makes you careful when you talk to people and thy start asking about where you work. We all kind of have the bullseye on our backs.

Any way I thought you might enjoy a good laugh.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Well, have you tried it?