Friday, March 21, 2008

WHEN IN ROME

As the saying goes “When in Rome, Do as the Romans.” So I decided to venture out on Saturday the 16th of March. There was a parade going to happen in the hood. The route was one block from my house so I decided to venture out and see what all the fuss was about. I tell you I need to get a hold of the Days of Forty Seven Parade committee and see if they can top this parade. Okay the floats and the bands and overall the parade in SLC can not be beat but tell me do they through out good stuff like shall we say CABBAGE, POTATOS, ONIONS, CARROTS, BANNANAS AND OTHER SUCH GOODIES. I think not. Oh and least I forget BEADS OF COARSE. Take a look at this picture of my stash. So I got beads but as they say what goes on at parade route stays at parade route… just kidding. It was a fun diversion from going through boxes. It was a beautiful day and I was glad that I ventured our. So if you want me to send you or your kids beads and stuffed animals etc. let me know.

I am still trying to get out of boxes but I am hoping that by this weekend I will be done with boxes and can begin decorating walls etc.

Here is my exercise for the week. I figured I would post so that Katie and Lilli and Dusty can see I am not as good as they are but I would love to have you guys keep me on track if you would.
Monday: lift weights for 45 min, Tuesday: treadmill 2.5 miles walking hope to eventually get to jogging and then running, Wed: weights 45 min. Thursday: treadmill 2.5 miles Friday: weights 45 min. I get up at 5:15 so that I can get to the Gym by 6:00 and to work by 7:oo. I am a morning person to exercise I find if I get it done first thing in the morning it is better because by the afternoon, after work, I find any excuse not to go. Oh I forgot that every day to get to where the gym is at work I walk down 3 floors and then three floor up to the office.

Work is going good I will post more this weekend about work and stories about Hurricane Katrina and what my coworkers went through. Some of them went through some pretty horiffic things.



5 comments:

AllisonK said...

Nice workout this week. I love that you are posting this as well. Hopefully I will get my body into gear!

katie said...

Good job lady!! Way to go!!

dusty kay said...

Way to go Nancy!

Karolyn said...

I would love to go to a parade where they threw produce at me. That's awesome. Good job with all your exercising too. I'm amazed at how early you do it.

Unknown said...

Wow...look at you...now let's see the picture of the hair. :) Bat girl always loves beads. Miss you