Friday, March 14, 2008

THE MADDNESS BEGINS...

And so a new phase of my life begins. I am now living in New Orleans. What a change. It has been a great 2 1/2 weeks. I have an adventure to tell and I will begin by telling you all that yes I have decided to blog. I am doing this for two reasons.

1. I think this is easier to keep the family and friends updated as to what is going on in my life.

2. It is a good way to keep a record of what is going on and that way when I am old and want to remember back I have some kind of a record.

That being said this is not the only record I will keep. I am starting to scrap book my adventures and will have that as well.

So shall we begin. As many of you know I made my move on February 25. I left Salt Lake on Monday morning and decided to head east and then south. The road was a white knuckler when I went up through Parley's and up past Coalville etc. but once I past that area it was pretty clear all the way.

When I got past Evanston I began to worry because the road signs were warning that I-80 was closed between Lyman and Cheyenne. Needless to say I was a little stressed. I really did not want to get stuck in Lyman. It all turned out well when I got there the roads were clear and the road was open. It was just high winds and since I have a high profile vehicle I was worried (NOT). The rest of the road was clear just minor snow flurries through Denver and then it was clear all the rest of the way to New Orleans. No I did not drive all the way through without breaks. I drove the first day from Salt Lake City to Colby Kansas. It was about 11 hours in the car. The next day I drove from Colby Kansas to Canton Texas. Okay so I took a wrong turn and ended up going through Dallas before I realized it.

Sylvia let me borrow the GPS and if you make a mistake it tells you "Recalculating Route. Needless to say it ended out being about a 3 hour detour. Oh well it is after all a mystery ride and an adventure. this day I drove again about 11 hours

Okay, so back to the story I left Canton and headed down to New Orleans it is about an 8 hour drive from Canton to New Orleans. But all was well I made it safe and I was excited to be in the Crescent City. Actually I was in Metarie that was where my apartment was suppose to be.

Well I think this is enough for my first time blogging. Stay tune for my next installment. Oh I figured I would give you a little tease and show you what my house looks like here in the Crescent City.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hooray for Nancy! I am so excited to be able to see what you are up to. Thanks for all you do.