Sunday, March 16, 2008

I HAVE ARRIVED

So I arrived in the area on Wednesday February 27. I was just glad to get out of the car and know that I did not have an 8+ hour drive ahead of me. I stayed in a hotel on Wednesday because I did not know what time I was going to make it into the area and so I had made arrangements with the apartment complex to meet with them first thing Thursday morning.

Needless to say when I arrived at the apartment complex I did not like the way the apartment complex looked like and I just did not feel good about the situation. I made a quick decision that I would stay in a hotel for a couple of days and see what came up. It would also give me time to look for another place.

I looked on Craig’s list and started looking for housing and also talked to people at work. I found the place where I am living and have been very happy with it so far. The location is great. I live in what is known as “The Lower Garden District” My house is two blocks from St Charles Street and two blocks from Magazine Street. These are two famous streets in New Orleans. I have many shops within walking distance as well as restaurants etc. I love the location. Here are some additional pictures of my house before all of my house hold goods were delivered.

As I mentioned before it is a shot gun house so it is long you need to walk the full length of the house to get to the kitchen that is the furthest west of the house then you have the bath room and hallway area next comes the bedroom and then a small bedroom/shop storage room and then an office area and then the living room when you walk in the house.

No comments: