Sunday, March 16, 2008

MY NEW HOME

Sorry for all the pictures but I thought you all might like to see what my house looks like. As you read this post I have asked for some suggestions on decorating. Please feel free to give me your thoughts and ideas. As you all know I am not the best in decorating but I think I would like to give it a try and make this my home....


Pedestal sink in the bathroom.

Shower curtain that I brought from Salt Lake. I think it looks great.

And finally the bathroom not to big but it will suffice.

More pictures of the kitchen and the washer that was in the house. I have acutally had the owner remove the washer and I am using my front end loader. The house is not upgraded electrically to use my dryer. I have asked the landloard to see if I can hire an electrition to come in and add the 22o line so that I can use my dryer. That would be nice.


This is a built in cabinet. It is actually pretty big. As you can see somebody decided that they would paint over the windows of the uper side of the cabinet. I think I may try and remove the paint. I think it would look much better.


An added cupord space in the kitchen the dryer is located on the lower right of the picture.
Behind the screen is the water heater.

This is obviously the Kitchen. I like the hanging pots feature. The stove is gas and so is the dryer.

Bedroom looking into the entrance when you come from the shop room area I don't know if you can tell but there is a about a 4 inch ledge that goes all the way around two walls. It is wide enough to place nick nacks on top of the ledge or small pictures.


This is still the bedroom and as you can see I have three huge windows in this room. It has a gas heater as well you can barely see the top of it on the lower left side of the picture.

Ah finally my bedroom. note the little closet in the corner. Right by the closet door in the first window is actually a window air conditioner. Note the blinds I need to do something different her. I do have a ceiling fan and the light again is not very good but I will see what I can do about that.


This is the light fixture in the shop room. Again the lighting is not very good in this house but look at the two large windows again in this room. It is simply amazing how huge these windows are.

This is the room that I am using as my shop storage room the only problem is that this is the only room with closet space. Actually there is a small closet in the bedroom but in essence this is the only closet. I chose this room to hold all of my wood shop equipment because it has a door that I can close and as you walk down the hall you don't see the woodshop equipment. Not that above the closet is also storage space.

This is the view from the office/craft room down the long hallway to the Kitchen area as you can see you have to go through this hall way to pass the shop room, then the bedroom and then the bathroom area and finally to the kitchen.


This is the light fixture in the office/craft room it does not give me a whole heck of light so I need to place a desk lamp on my office desk to give me some additional light. I also need to check into maybe getting better light bulbs in the fixture to help with the light. I like the fixture I think it adds character to the room. Note the big wall with nothing on it. I just need help on decoration. I have family pictures and Africa pictures that I will use to decorate. Once I get things up on the walls I will post my creations. I am open for suggestions again on decorating if you have any ideas. Also note that the picture below shows another great wall between the windows to do things with. Understand the from floor to ceiling it about 12 feet tall. the desk that I am currently sitting at to type this comes to the bottom level of the window seal so I have about 9 feet of wall space to work with.
Picture of the large windows in the office/craft room. the windows reach all the way up to the top in essence they are about 2 f eet wide X about 6 feet tall. As you can see the windows shades are just paper blinds. I need some help on decorations so if any of you have some ideas on how or what to do to dress these up please feel free to comment. Just so you know the bedroom has three huge windows similar to this one that also need to be addressed.

This is looking into the second room you come to when you walk into the house. I am actually using this as my office/craft room. look at the heater. It is a a gas heater and this is what keeps my office/craft room and living room warm. This heater reminds me of Guelita Caro's house i remember seeing these at her house when we went to Piedras to visit. It brought back fond memories of our trips to Mexico and visits with Tia Naela and the rest of the family. The entry way from the living room to this room actually has huge pocket doors. I will take a picture of this and post later. I can actually close this door when guests come if I chose and all they will see is the living room.



This is looking in through the front door as you can see I have an iron gate on the front door and it is a double door. I am really glad that both sides of the door can open and that when I do the breeze is just great.

As you can see I have a lot of decorating to do. As I have only been in The Cresent City for two and a half weeks and I have only worked so far for two weeks, I have lots to tell about Work. Stay tuned and also I will try and catch up on some other details. Like the St. Patrick's Parade I went to on Saturday. I will write more on this soon.

4 comments:

AllisonK said...

you place looks great.
I really like the wood trim.

Unknown said...

It looks like you have a great place with a fabulous location.

Michelle said...

What a fun place to live! I really like the house.

Karolyn said...

I love the living room area. The house looks great. John and I have started looking for places in Chicago. We'll keep you posted.